Here is my new and improved brownie recipe. I have changed my quantities and made them simpler to whip up in about an hour. I have no words for how fudgy and delicious these guys are except that they are fudgy, chewy, chocolatey, and absolutely delicious.
To print this recipe, click here.
- 3/4 C All purpose Flour
- 3/4 C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 C White Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 C (1 Stick) Butter
- 1 (Serving Size) Cup Applesauce
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees F. Melt your butter in the microwave at 30 second intervals until completely melted. Allow it to cool slightly, and set aside.
- Whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in a small/medium bowl. In a separate medium bowl, stir together your applesauce, vanilla, and melted butter.
- Add in about half of your dry ingredients, and stir with a stiff spatula. Add in the rest, and slowly with patience fold your batter together. It should look like a cross between cookie dough and batter. It will be very think almost like frosting, so make sure you fold from the bottom of the bowl.
- Check your mixture for clumps or specks of dry mixture. It's egg free, so have a taste if you like. Warning! Extreme deliciousness may be present! :)
- Bake in a buttered and cocoa powder dusted 8x8 inch pan for 15-20 minutes. You will know they are done when they don't jiggle in the middle. They are a chewy brownie, you have to remember. Allow them to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.